The paperwork you need to do before you get married in NH
The 411 on what paperwork and licenses you need for your New Hampshire wedding.
Make sure there's not a last-minute glitch in getting hitched. Here's what you need to know about getting a NH marriage license and marriage certificate.
- Any town or city clerk can issue a marriage license.
- Both parties must appear and complete the application.
- Supply proof of age. People over 18 can marry without parental permission.
- Provide certified copies of divorce and/or death certificates for previous marriages.
- No blood test is required.
- The license, which costs $50, is good for 90 days.
- A certified copy of the marriage certificate is needed to legally change names. It has to be requested and can be obtained in any New Hampshire town or city. It costs $15 for one, an additional $10 for a second one if they're purchased at the same time.