Get the 1920s Gatsby Era Look
The recent film version of “The Great Gatsby” accelerated the popularity of the Jazz Age-themed wedding. Want to create the romance and elegance of the era for your wedding? Expert stylist Rodyan Rousseau tells you how.
Our Talented Team
- Wardrobe, styling, set design and makeup: Rodyan Rousseau
- Photography: Philbrick Photography
- Wadrobe and jewelry: Lady of the Lake
- Flowers: Paisley floral Design Studio
- Hair: The Wingate Salon & Spa
- Cake: For Goodness Cakes
- Set styling assistant: Kathryn Graves
- General assistant: Madison Kramer
- Models: Diana Templeton and Corey Saunders
We set the scene with the beginning of the wedding day. Details include a gorgeously appointed boudoir scene and flowers to era-appropriate fashion for both bride and groom.
The 1920s gave way to the Art Deco period, which incorporated many Grecian-style reliefs in wallpapers, dinner ware and vase ware. You can see this influence in the following photos from the reception dress to the table settings.
The next photos capture a scene that recalls a time when days were filled with drinking champagne, listening to Cole Porter and going from one fabulous mansion to the next up and down Long Island Sound.