Tips for planning a green and resourceful wedding
You spend a lot of time, energy and money planning for the perfect wedding so why not take a little bit of extra care in considering the environment? Here are some tips for going green.
- Use vegetables – asparagus, radishes, artichokes to name a few – for inventive and attractive centerpieces.
- Use flowers that are in season to avoid having to transport them from distant places in the world.
- Donate the flowers from your ceremony to a local nursing home or hospital.
- Incorporate locally sourced food in your reception menu and consider beef and chicken that is sustainably and humanely raised.
- Leftover food can be donated, but there are state restrictions you need to check.
- For favors, use things that can be planted or are edible like chocolates or syrup.
- Have your invitations printed on recycled paper with soy ink.
- Provide car or van pools for your guests to save on gas.